About Wortham: Overview
In 1915 Wortham was founded in Texas with a client service-based philosophy. Our goal is to provide innovative insurance solutions and excellence in client service.
Wortham ranks as one of the largest independent insurance brokers headquartered in Texas. Wortham has over 500 insurance professionals.
Wortham has expanded through the State of Texas and now has offices in Houston (headquarters), Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio.
Wortham is an independent firm owned by over 100 managing directors. Our independence allows us to seek the best possible insurance and risk management solutions for our clients, with no ownership in ancillary service providers, nor tied to the short-term needs of shareholders.
Representing over 300 insurance carriers worldwide, Wortham places over $1 billion in premiums annually.
Wortham provides property & casualty, employee benefit programs, professional indemnity, personal lines and life insurance placements, and surety bonds.
Unique in the insurance industry, Wortham employees are salaried team members and most are not directly compensated by commission. With this compensation structure, we have created a workplace culture that aligns teamwork and collaboration.
Wortham develops consultative relationships with clients to understand their operations and management teams, and develop insurance and risk management strategies that best meet their needs and exposures.
A key component of our service is the comprehensive marketing that we perform for clients. To achieve the most advantageous insurance structure for a client, our team assesses all viable and financially-acceptable markets for respective coverage lines. Leveraging our years of experience with global insurance markets, we identify and negotiate with all potential carriers or combinations of carriers to provide the most efficient and cost-effective options for clients.
Our account service teams work in tandem with Wortham's technical experts and marketing specialists to provide a comprehensive range of support services, including:
- Safety and loss control solutions to identify and manage property, liability and worker loss exposures
- Claims management and consultation
- Risk management analytical services, including exposure analysis, retention analysis, benchmarking and loss analysis, with the objective of lowering the total cost of risk.
- Service - to handle our clients' insurance business as if it were ours.
- Quality Coverages - to develop coverages and risk management tools that allow clients to better compete in their business.
- Price - to forge relationships between our carriers and clients that will add value and be long term.
Seasoned Experts ~ Comprehensive Solutions