Working in a highly complex, litigious business environment, construction companies deal daily with an increasing number of issues involving insurance and risk management issues. Contractors must proactively protect their firms from potential liability exposures, including hazards created by subcontractors. For example, not only do general contractors have to manage their own insurance coverages, they must also ensure that each subcontractor has sufficient coverages and includes the general contractor as an additional insured.
Construction companies and contractors need an insurance broker that understands the nature of their work and challenges. You need an insurance broker with comprehensive experience and extensive technical capabilities to develop solutions that provide the broadest coverages possible to project your business.
For nearly a century, Wortham has worked in tandem with construction companies to create strategies that protect their businesses amid the continuously evolving insurance marketplace. Our experience includes serving nearly every segment in the construction industry throughout the U.S. and overseas.
Wortham´s network of offices and technical specialists bring deep experience in tackling insurance and risk management challenges that confront the construction industry. Among services that our account service teams provide are:
- Brokerage and Insurance
- Evaluation of your exposure and analysis of your current program structure
- Loss forecasts and review of your risk retention
- Comprehensive marketing and insurance placement expertise
- Examination of your contract and subcontractor agreements
- Issuance of certificates of insurance and other account servicing needs
- Evaluation of specialty coverages, including pollution, mold, construction defect and environmental
- Risk Management
- Management of your claims - with our in-house claim staff that bring a combined 150 years of experience
- Loss control - a value-added service that focuses on reducing your total cost of risk
- Access to our Risk Management Information system, including data analysis and evaluation tools
- Surety and Bonding
- A dedicated, experienced surety unit that handles special bonding requirements for construction and contractor companies
- Specialized project-coordinated coverages
- Owner controlled insurance programs (OCIPs)
- Rolling owner controlled insurance programs (ROCIPs)
- Contractor controlled insurance programs (CCIPs)
- Single-parent and group construction captive insurance programs.